NAME_________ PER______ DATE_____
1) The graph below represents three cars during the first minute of a race. Using the following information, draw another curve on the grid to represent the motion of Car D!
Car D accelerates from a rest position at 0 seconds to reach a speed of 208 km/h at 5 seconds. D maintains this speed for 5 seconds, then decelerates to 32 km/h at 20 seconds. IT accelerates to reach a speed of 160 km/h at 30 seconds and maintains this speed for 5 seconds. Car D then decelerates to 112 km/h at 40 seconds, further decelerates to 64 km/h at 50 seconds and then accelerates to 208 km/h at 55 seconds.
Use your graph at the top to answer the following questions.
1. Draw Car Ds trip
2. What does the vertical axis represent?
3. What does the horizontal axis represent?
4. Over which time period is Car As acceleration the greatest? (Acceleration=Speed/Time)
0-10 s 80/10
5. Over which time period is Car Bs acceleration the greatest?
0-10 s 144/10
6. Over which time period is Car Cs acceleration the greatest?
0-5 s 160/5
7. When is each car( A, B, C) at an acceleration of zero?
A, 20-45 s V=128 , B at 10-60s V=192 , C at never!,
8. Which car(s) deaccelerate during the race?
9. Which car has traveled the farthest at the end of one minute?
B! Dis is area under the curve, even though B is going fastest at the end
10. Which car appears to have a restless driver?
11. Which car appears to have stalled during the race?
12. Which car appears to have the safest driver?