CAPT PLAN SCIENCE
Richard Therrien, K-12 Science Supervisor, NHPS
· Principals schedule schools to ensure that the best teachers are with low-mid level ninth (PhyChem) and tenth (Bio) graders.
· Principals identify department/data team teacher leaders.
· Supervisor, schools do data analysis of CAPT science roster, identifying strands and teachers/course correlations.
· Supervisor links quarterly assessment data and CAPT data.
· Meet with each school science team.
· Message to teachers to strictly follow pacing schedule and focus on standards.
· Supervisor sends message to any outside groups/curriculum about pacing and standards.
· Principals provide needed embedded task supplies.
· First high school CIA: review CAPT data, strands with all teachers.
· Data teams focus on science CAPT like formative and summative quarterly assessments.
· Data team leaders meet with supervisor bi monthly to review and share.
· October 6th: teachers share lessons, strategies around CAPT strands (possible state/PIMMS involvement)
· Science coach guiding instruction in schools (GearUp funds).
· Teachers submit syllabi/unit outlines electronically.
· Teachers report on quarterly assessment/embedded task results.
· Identify “bubble” students to focus on in CAPT prep classes.
· All 10th grade students participate in CAPT practice test and 9th grade content review in Feb.
· All 10th grade students participate in inquiry review the week before CAPT.